This is TRT's Typepad Profile.
Join Typepad and start following TRT's activity
Join Now!
Already a member? Sign In
TRT
London, England
Neurobiotech-IT job. Scifi, crafts & comedy hobby.
Recent Activity
"(seriously, who the hell makes a gate out of daggers?!)" Yeah, I know. And who the hell thought of this gate made of water that I've heard so much about?
Toggle Commented Feb 2, 2011 on In which we play Cal & D. at WWdN: In Exile
1 reply
"Shove a cork in it Wheaton." LOL. Great stuff.
1 reply
That's a really freakin' weird post. That day, I'll always remember. I was at home, off school, because my grandmother had died in the early hours of that morning. My cat died that evening. It was a real triple whammy of a day. One thing that I remember going through my mind was just how understated the GC's announcement was; "We seem to have a major malfunction." Too frikkin' right.
1 reply
He's looking out for his football. Why? 'cos football's comin' gnome.
Toggle Commented Jan 12, 2010 on sells coal and marigolds at WWdN: In Exile
1 reply
Damn, Wil, that's making me feel cold. Have you got any hot soup?
Toggle Commented Dec 3, 2009 on obscured by clouds at WWdN: In Exile
1 reply
Will, you are not alone! I hear the LHC has also suffered a power failure but has managed to remain chill. :-)
1 reply
You want us to send you some quarters for the meter, Will?
1 reply
and it wasn't until that moment that I learned just how much she doesn't like it when people use baby talk with squash Hey, Wil! Pass me a screenwipe, will ya'? I just sprayed my iMac with tea (Sainsbury's red label, hot with milk). Seriously, hope you weren't burned bad. Can't be too bad as you're typing, but the thought's there. Also, it's no safer getting it out of a tin. I once used a very cheap (23p) tin opener which opened only 99.8% of the lid of a can of chicken soup. The remaining 0.2% of metal was just enough to make me think I could pop it with thumb pressure - FAIL. Lid gives way, soup emerges from tiny gap between lid and can wall like a musical fountain. Neighbour collapses on floor in fits of laughter, I'm picking chicken meat out of my hair for a week. Not good.
1 reply
Oh man; that's it. I'm getting my AD&D gear back from the kids. I have unread modules I bought up when I realised AD&D stuff was getting rare and being replaced with crappy 2e stuff. I must have 30+ modules - I know I have the complete DL series.
Toggle Commented Oct 30, 2009 on senses working overtime at WWdN: In Exile
1 reply
Some of my AD&D mates had those covers. By the time I'd saved up enough paper-round money to buy my own, they were reprinted with the brown and orange covers. Mind you, I had DMs, Players, MM1 & 2, FF, L&L, UA, Dragonlance and several others. My daughter has them now - I don't think they get used much, though.
Toggle Commented Oct 29, 2009 on making plans for nigel at WWdN: In Exile
1 reply
Glad you seem to be enjoying NSAW, Noosk.
1 reply
Thanks for the info. I'd not come across Magnatune before or Jive Ass Sleepers either. Pleased to say, I like them both! And Creative Commons I've always liked - Sharing = good. Stealing = bad.
1 reply
Will, I hope the guy reads your well written request. My sympathies to you over this. Out of curiosity, though, did you pay any royalties to Jive Ass Sleepers?
1 reply