This is Lar's Typepad Profile.
Join Typepad and start following Lar's activity
Join Now!
Already a member? Sign In
Lar
Recent Activity
Seen some crazy stuff over the years, but 15 unanswered runs are crazy even for this rivalry.. I don't know. Still early in the year, early in everything, no one wins the world series in april..
Toggle Commented Apr 21, 2012 on What Measure A Good Team? Yanks-Sox Gamer II at YFSF
1 reply
I didn't watch the beginning (came in at 9-0).. was it really that much of Bobby V's fault?
Toggle Commented Apr 21, 2012 on What Measure A Good Team? Yanks-Sox Gamer II at YFSF
1 reply
I was obviously rooting for this, but man, this must be disheartening for you SFs..
Toggle Commented Apr 21, 2012 on What Measure A Good Team? Yanks-Sox Gamer II at YFSF
1 reply
Man, I'm such a fan of Bobby V.. now I have to hate him, haha..
Toggle Commented Dec 8, 2011 on Bobby: "I Hate The Yankees" at YFSF
1 reply
Just not meant to be, I guess. Plenty of opportunities, outscored them in the series, but not clutch.
Toggle Commented Oct 7, 2011 on ALDS: Tigers-Yanks Gamer V at YFSF
1 reply
Ya, I have tickets to game 2 and is still waiting for them to announce it.. weird..
Toggle Commented Sep 29, 2011 on Play To Win: Yanks-Rays Gamer at YFSF
1 reply
Another way to put it is, the win probability of Rays down 7-0 and the win probability of Rays down 7-6 with 2 outs are not independent -- you can't just multiply those!
Toggle Commented Sep 29, 2011 on Just Desserts at YFSF
1 reply
I have much respect for Nate Silver and what he's done, but his math on that "1 in 278 million" is awful. If the Sox's playoff odds was 99.7% at one point.. then the chance of what happened with 0.3% of the time, or 1 in 300, roughly. Sounds about right. If you want to use the independent events of the 2% - Paps blowing it and Dan Johnson hitting a HR, then it's a simple 0.04%, or that at that particular moment, Red Sox had a 99.96% chance of making the playoffs. Or what happened had a 1 in 2000 chance of happening. Also reasonable. None of this 1 in 278 mil bullshit. This is pretty fundamental probability 101, I don't know how he could get it so wrong.
Toggle Commented Sep 29, 2011 on Just Desserts at YFSF
1 reply
What a ten minute sequence for the Rays/Sox fans..
Toggle Commented Sep 29, 2011 on Play To Win: Yanks-Rays Gamer at YFSF
1 reply
I think that's okay, the unwillingness to use Mo, at least in the regular season.
Toggle Commented Sep 16, 2011 on Nearing the Light at the End of the Tunnel at YFSF
1 reply
Yes, there's always a risk involved, but in real life, you do something wrong, even unintentionally, you might get picked up by the law. Just hit Ortiz and move on.
Toggle Commented Jun 8, 2011 on Bloodlust? at YFSF
1 reply
I don't know if it's an insult, but hitting too many HRs thing just means the team as a whole might have a high volatility, which in theory pulls them toward .500. But who knows.
Toggle Commented Jun 1, 2011 on Get-A's-Way: Yanks-Athletics Gamer III at YFSF
1 reply
The Yanks close one. Another day of excellent pitching. Man, the recent run kind of remind me of the good old days. The obvious question is whether they can keep it up..
Toggle Commented Jun 1, 2011 on Get-A's-Way: Yanks-Athletics Gamer III at YFSF
1 reply
Line drive double play, a mark of luck. Will take it!
Toggle Commented Jun 1, 2011 on Get-A's-Way: Yanks-Athletics Gamer III at YFSF
1 reply
Alright Joba giving up back to back singles. Let's not blow this.
Toggle Commented Jun 1, 2011 on Get-A's-Way: Yanks-Athletics Gamer III at YFSF
1 reply
The Yanks actually lead the league in.. first order wins, second order wins, and third order wins, which is to say they have been slightly unlucky in *actual* wins, though if they had just won those two against Seattle, they would've been as expected, or much closer to it. Tex actually hasn't been as good as advertised, though he puts up great traditional numbers. Mostly his batting average is down.
Toggle Commented Jun 1, 2011 on Get-A's-Way: Yanks-Athletics Gamer III at YFSF
1 reply
But the Yanks did not capitalize on that one. Just one run.
Toggle Commented May 25, 2011 on Wednesday Getaway: Jays-Yanks Gamer at YFSF
1 reply
Reyes is challenging them with 90-mph fastballs, hoping either to sneak them by, or the Yanks to get them out. If that's all he has, with his other pitches not really spotting, this might be a quick day for him.
Toggle Commented May 25, 2011 on Wednesday Getaway: Jays-Yanks Gamer at YFSF
1 reply
And sometimes things stack. Aaron Hill with an error.
Toggle Commented May 25, 2011 on Wednesday Getaway: Jays-Yanks Gamer at YFSF
1 reply
28 RBIs for Granderson batting 2nd. That's pretty insane.
Toggle Commented May 25, 2011 on Wednesday Getaway: Jays-Yanks Gamer at YFSF
1 reply
*hope. Grandy drives in Jeter with a double, I guess that was a nice pitch to swing at, even at 2-0.
Toggle Commented May 25, 2011 on Wednesday Getaway: Jays-Yanks Gamer at YFSF
1 reply
Reyes is wild in the early going. Let's up the Yanks do not help him out.
Toggle Commented May 25, 2011 on Wednesday Getaway: Jays-Yanks Gamer at YFSF
1 reply
8-4 now. Is this a game yet?
1 reply
Logged in just in time for this. Nice. Just in time for the Red sox series.
1 reply
Here we go again, bah.
Toggle Commented May 12, 2011 on Hump Day: Megagamer at YFSF
1 reply