This is amary's Typepad Profile.
Join Typepad and start following amary's activity
Join Now!
Already a member? Sign In
amary
Recent Activity
sd, Anne, Actually… The Prius Plug-in (like the Volt and standard Prius) has TWO separate motor-generators. MG2 (the main propulsion motor) is rated at 60kW (80hp). MG1 (used as a generator and starter motor) is rated at 42kW (56HP). http://www.greencarcongress.com/2011/09/toyota-introduces-2012-prius-plug-in-hybrid.html Personally, I prefer not to constantly be carrying around the weight of a generator and a highly-complex hybrid drivetrain. I drive a LEAF (which has only a handful of moving parts) for the 98% of the time that it meets my needs, and a Civic for the other 2%.
amary is now following The Typepad Team
Jun 5, 2012