This is 's Typepad Profile.
Join Typepad and start following 's activity
Join Now!
Already a member? Sign In
I live and work equidistant from Latitude: 37.8586535 Longitude: -122.485978.
Interests: Surfing, Climbing, Telemark Skiing
Recent Activity
Clark Weber is now following The Typepad Team
Mar 15, 2010
David, Please read the instructions at http://connect.garmin.com/help/start/ant
Toggle Commented Oct 5, 2009 on ANT Agent Support for Mac Users at MBlog
Garmin Connect supports the Forerunner 305. Have at it.
Apologies for the unplanned downtime of Garmin Connect and MotionBased on Tuesday, June 16 from 1-7AM (CDT). There was a major power outage at the location of our servers. We're up and running again.
Make sure you're not using Garmin Communicator Plugin 2.7.1 which is incompatible with Garmin Fitness devices. You should be using version 2.6.4 until Garmin makes a patch to fix the bug in 2.7.1. - http://www8.garmin.com/products/communicator/
We are working on smoothing algorithms to improve elevation gain/loss reported at Garmin Connect. It won't be MB Gravity, but it will have a similar effect.
FINIAN, You can use multiple devices per account at MotionBased and Garmin Connect. We recommend that you start using Garmin Connect as we are in the process of migrating all of MotionBased to Garmin Connect and eventually shutting down MotionBased. Garmin Connect is now open to all Garmin fitness devices.
Toggle Commented May 30, 2009 on Garmin Connect - Mac Update at MBlog
Jimmedy, We will look into this problem on our server logs. We have not seen this one before. In the meantime, you can upload all of the activities from your 305 instead of from the list if that gets the activities over. You can delete activities on an individual basis for duplicates or you will be able to bulk delete activities with our next release of Garmin Connect -- late July time frame. Once you have your activities over at Garmin Connect or MotionBased, I recommend deleting activities stored on your device. It will improve the upload performance from device to Garmin Connect. I suspect this could be the problem where you have one activity that has bad data being rejected by Garmin Connect.
Geoff, Heart Rate and Power zone splits are missing from Garmin Connect. They are on the product roadmap to go out this year. We also plan to introduce a Hill splits feature that will be much more robust than MotionBased. You can imagine a Hills tab on the Splits page where we break down the data in tabular format. We are introducing a more powerful Reports feature on May 26 which is a major upgrade over what resides at MotionBased and Garmin Connect today.
Mike, My bad. You did get me. Let me clarify... 95% of all MotionBased activities will be migrated by the end of June 2009. The remaining 5% will migrate over the next few months. It's hard to provide an exact date or month, for that matter, because some of those activities are either monstrously large or have errors in the data which require troubleshooting. Our hope is that we will get the last 5% moved over by the latter half of Summer in the Northern Hemisphere -- hopefully August 2009 at the latest.
Actually Mike, it will be this summer -- 2009.