This is Susan's Typepad Profile.
Join Typepad and start following Susan's activity
Join Now!
Already a member? Sign In
Susan
Recent Activity
Wow. WOW. Can I just say? These charts are MAGIC. I made lasagna tonight--squashy, warm, lots of unidentifiable parts. On a whim, I decided to print out one green, one blue, and one orange chart for my three kiddos. I explained the concept and set them loose. My three-year-old, who has obtained 80% of her body mass from strawberry-flavored milk and the other 20% through photosynthesis, CRANKED through her entire serving in record time(despite, um, actually gagging on a couple bites). Her usual M.O. is to pull out screams and the hairy eyeball when confronted with "new" food, but the chart engaged her competitive streak and, well, it was amazing. My eight-year-old also earned three points, and the five-year-old ended with a respectable two points. THANK YOU, you genius, you!!!!
1 reply
Wow. WOW. Can I just tell you? Those charts are MAGIC. I made lasagna--squishy, warm, lots of unidentifiable parts--tonight. As an afterthought, I printed out one blue, one green, and one orange chart for my three kiddos and explained the concept. My three-year-old, who owes 80% of her body mass to strawberry-flavored milk and the other 20% to photosynthesis, CRANKED through the whole serving (despite, er, gagging on one or two of the bites). She usually pulls out tears, screams, and the hairy eyeball when confronted with "new" food, but the chart successfully engaged her competitive streak, and, in short, the whole thing was a blazing success. My eight-year-old also earned three points, and my five-year-old scored a respectable two. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
1 reply
Hang in there. If you're like me (and you are, at least insofar as 1)I topped out around 180 and 2) IN MY MIND, my just and true weight is about 140, which I doubt I will see again), motivation ebbs and flows. It will flow again, and you will catch that wave.
1 reply